The Laotian American Society (LAS) is pleased to announce scholarship opportunities for outstanding Laotian college students. The amount and number of scholarships are based on LAS’s overall fundraising income and, consequently, will change from year to year.Applicants will be considered based on:
- Academic Achievements
- Community Service
- Extracurricular Activities
- Financial Need
To be eligible, the applicant must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Must be part Laotian
- Must be a college student (rising freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior)
- Must be a Georgia resident
- Must be currently enrolled in or accepted to an undergraduate degree program or associates degree program at an accredited university, community or technical college
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Cannot have been a recipient of the LAS Scholarship the previous year.
- Application package must be uploaded, submitted and/or postmarked no later than August 20, 2020.
- No application materials will be returned.
- Essays and personal resume must be typed.
- Applicant must provide an official letter of enrollment for the upcoming academic year from their accredited university, community college, or technical college.
- All information must be included within one application package. The package must include: original application, personal resume, essays, transcripts, and official letter of current enrollment.
Answer the following questions. Your answer must be typed and in double-spaced format. Each essay should be no more than two (2) pages long.
- What is your life goal? What led you to make this choice and how will you achieve this goal?
- With the recent pandemic changing our community and society, how has that impacted your perspective of life and your views long term?
- As Laotian culture, traditions, and representation becomes more mainstream with contributions and efforts of many Laotian Americans from influencers to scholars, how will you be a contributing factor to advancing the Laotian momentum?
You will be able to paste the prompts on the last page of the online application.
Please fill out all information below and click the submit button when completed. You will receive an email when your application successfully submits and will be redirected back to the homepage.